Assistant Athletic Trainer, Athletics
- Health care professional who works under the direction of the team physician, director of sports medicine and head football athletic trainer to care for the health and welfare of student-athletes.
- The sports coverage could include softball or soccer and tennis.
- Primary athletic trainer for softball or soccer and tennis.
- Assist with clinical supervision of other sports practices and competitions, as needed.
- Oversee intern for one sport; clinical instruction of student athletic trainers.
- Inventory coordinator with clothing & supplies.
- Inventory of all equipment (capital).
- Create formal index for vital clinical policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain inclement weather policy.
- Maintain medical records through the Injury Tracking Software.
Ideal Candidate will Possess
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certification by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Active membership in the National Athletic Trainer’s Association (NATA).
- First Aid and CPR certification
- State of Tennessee athletic training license or eligible for such.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a certified athletic trainer.
- Knowledge of computer-based injury tracking software.
- Knowledge of nutrition, strength & condition, and concussion protocols.
- Commitment towards student-athlete welfare.
- Commitment towards fiscal responsibility.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and direction for assigned administrative area of responsibility.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: