Assistant Director of Marketing
- Under the direction of Associate Athletics Director for Marketing the Assistant Director responsibilities will include:
- Pllanning, execution of marketing plans, promotions, and budgeting for assigned sports.
- Generating revenue while maintaining a variety of working relationships and have the ability to communicate marketing information to targeted audiences.
- Identifies, advises and collaborates with staff and coaches regarding communication needs and issues; provides options on the type of strategy to use with marketing plans and gauges their potential effectiveness.
- Consults with and determines marketing, ticketing, coaching staff, corporate sponsorships, and athletic communications to determine needs and parameters.
- Plans and manages multi-faceted and specialized projects.
- Conceptualizes and creates marketing strategies as they relate to the assigned sports and marketing department from creation through delivery.
- Assist with efforts to increase engagement and attendance with undergraduate and graduate students in the University at all athletic events.
- Works collaboratively with key University student groups (i.e., Greek Life, Housing, and Student Government) to maintain and foster athletics attendance and support.
- Marketing Duties
- Create a comprehensive marketing strategy and activation efforts for assigned sports.
- Coordinates efforts with marketing and communication staff for creation of graphics, digital imaging and creative videos for athletic department and teams.
- Implementation of communication meetings with coaching staff, team operations, sports information, event management for execution of promotions, game day.
- This will happen in advance of Pre-Season play, and throughout season at coach’s discretion.
- Progress season and single-game ticket strategy with ticket office.
- This includes year-long ticket sales timeline, evolution of new and creative ticket initiatives that aid in achievement of revenue goals.
- Complete oversight of group incorporation, and on-field presentations into home football games.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of marketing experience required.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Experience in athletics marketing and knowledge of NCAA rules preferred.
- Experience with graphic design is preferred.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
University ( Southeast Region )