Associate Athletic Director
- Responsible for general Athletic Center Operations;
- Scheduling of facility for athletic contests/practices;
- Recreation and intramural programs;
- Rental agreements;
- Special event planning;
- and membership coordination.
- Position supports the physical fitness for students of the university who do not participate in intercollegiate sports, but want to stay fit and healthy.
- The incumbent identifies and implements innovative ways to increase overall participation in intramural and recreational sports.
- The Athletic Department is a fast paced, intensive, high energy environment.
- Coaches and Staff work intensive schedules including weekends and evenings.
- Responsible for department compliance with all College, NCAA Division III and GNAC policies.
- Maintains general facility operations and coordinates the Athletic Center and other athletic facilities on campus regarding scheduling of facility for use for athletic, recreation and intramural programs and rental use.
- Develops and implements recreation, intramural and fitness programs that serve the needs of the students, faculty, staff and community and increases overall participation in these activities.
- Coordinates/supervises all athletic special events including tournaments, NCAA & league tournaments, Fall Tailgating Event, annual celebration of Girls and Women in Sports Week activities annual awards ceremonies, leadership events and student/athlete Dean's list events.
- Coordinates team travel for all sport programs.
- Maintains student-athlete handbook and Staff Policies and Procedure Manuel.
- Serves as Advisor or Co-Advisor for the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
- May serve as the NCAA Senior Women Administrator.
- Oversees membership program for the Athletic Center including developing and managing public relations efforts, and providing information to members.
- Acts as scheduling coordinator for intercollegiate athletic contests, including sending and organizing game contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience in College Athletic Administration strongly preferred.
- Able to function independently while operating effectively within a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills and ability to communicate comfortably with students, colleagues, and external constituents.
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee population.
- Professional, courteous demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to engage positively and work professionally with students, faculty, staff and administration and represent the university professionally to the public.
- Commitment to the mission of the university.
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School