Sports Nutrition Intern (Wage)
- Intern is primarily responsible for the development and coordination of optimal nutritional services for Division I student-athletes and the Athletics Department.
- The duties of the position include:
- Managing the central fueling station.
- Stocking off-site fueling locations.
- Assisting in the daily operation of feeding student-athletes.
- Receiving deliveries
- Managing inventory
- Performing other duties as necessary to build support for and add value to the objectives and goals of the unit, Department of Athletics, and University.
- The internship is intended to begin in July 2019 and run through June, 2020.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a field related to Sports Nutrition is required.
- Experience: Some experience in a field related to Sports Nutrition is required.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability and desire to perform accurate, detail-oriented work.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to make sound judgments independently or as a team member.
- Ability to instruct, council and direct student-athletes, and to support coaches, psychologist, and food services.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the nutrition needs, athletic and social pressures faced by student athletes at the collegiate level.
- Computer Applications: Intermediate knowledge of computers and software: Microsoft Office.
- Education: Master's Degree in a field related to Sports Nutrition is preferred.
- Experience: Experience in sports nutrition, exercise physiology, and with skin-fold preferred.
- Licensure: Registered Dietician through the AND/CDR and Bod Pod certifications preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: