Assistant Coach, Football (JV Head Coach & Recruiting Coordinator)
- Bachelors degree required plus 3 years of progressively responsible experience; significant coaching experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver license with good driving record: must be insurable.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA and Middle Atlantic Conference (M.A.C.) guidelines and the ability to teach critical skills, regulations, and competitive Football strategies and training techniques. Knowledge of or ability to learn current strategies of recruiting and recruiting software. Ensure compliance of the program with University, NCAA, and M.A.C. rules
- Knowledge and experience of the Division III philosophy. Demonstrated skills in developing and motivating students both academically and athletically
- Strong commitment to the values of a liberal arts education. Understanding of teacher/coach model in a NCAA Division III athletics program. Ability to objectively evaluate physical skills in the areas of physical potential and mental capability for intercollegiate athletics. Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing. Proficiency in computer use and relevant Microsoft applications. Ability to effectively communicate both within and outside the College including, but not limited to, student- athletes, parents, recruits, coaches, athletic training staff, and athletic department staff. Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance. Ability to work within the team oriented philosophy of the department of athletics. Travel is a requirement of this position
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Evening and weekend hours in all types of weather are kept, with travel from both campuses necessary.
- Lifting required (i.e., set-up of scorers table, etc.), some manual labor is expected.
- Because of the location of athletic facilities on each campus, organizing and some transportation between campuses is expected.
- Serve as Offensive Assistant Football Coach.
- Serve as Junior Varsity head football coach.
- Serve as Recruiting Coordinator.
- Responsible for regular maintenance of the program recruiting database and roster.
- Recruit regionally specific area for qualified student athletes who meet the high standards established by the University.
- Work to retain successfully recruited athletes.
- Assistant to Sports Information Director for web development and content.
- Serve as a member of the Recruiting committee, specifically responsible for maintenance, training, and use of Front Rush recruiting software and data management.
- Conduct practice as related to offense in cooperation with the head football coach and offensive coordinator.
- In detail, design and implement weekly game plans, practice plans, scouting reports, and other game related materials.
- Assist with the daily administrative duties of the program.
- Participate in fund raising and public relations activities.
- Responsible for developing and disseminating rules related to the expected conduct of football athletes when they are representing the University, both on- and off-campus.
- Promote the welfare and academic progress of student-athletes. Ensure compliance of the program with University, NCAA, and M.A.C. rules.
- Assist with development of high school and youth level summer camps.
- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
Month-to-Month Premium Subscription - $19.95 per month after trial period.
Northeast Region School
Professional Baseball Team