Administrative Specialist for Event Management and Varsity Club
- This is a full-time, 12-month position, and includes full University benefits.
- Candidate will report to the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Event Management, will provide administrative support to assigned executives and staff members.
- Assist with planning, developing and coordinating activities in support of the Department of Athletics Event Management unit, Courtesy Car Program, and Varsity Club unit, including the planning and execution of athletics competitions and other special events.
- Position requires occasional work in the evenings, on weekends and holidays.
- Five professional references will be required at a later step in the recruitment process.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year of full-time work experience in an administrative support or athletics operations role, displaying superior attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to be proactive.
- Experience in event planning, coordination and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to complete multiple projects and meet deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of and ability to:
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation and ability to establish and maintain productive, long-term relationships with staff, vendors, donors and patrons.
- Work constructively and collaboratively with individuals of diverse backgrounds in a highly-regulated, fast-paced team environment.
- Must be proficient in basic office support software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working within an intercollegiate athletics department in a related unit.
- Knowledge of university procedures and regulations is desirable.
- Functional supervisory experience to effectively train and manage temporary, student and volunteer staff to ensure day-to-day operations and day-of-event operations run smoothly
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Region University
Sports & Entertainment
Sports & Entertainment