Communications & Media Content Support Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism.
- 2 years or more experience required. Prior exposure to tournament golf, sports event communication preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experienced in social media applications.
- Strong organization, writing skills and understanding of the game of golf
- Advanced writing and editing skills. Knowledge of professional golf industry/history of the game preferred. Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively within and across diverse groups. Ability to operate autonomously, exercise independent judgment and proactive outreach.
- Lead administrative support for SVP of Communications & Media Content (and select additional senior members of the department), including updated and accurate scheduling, travel arrangements and preparation, pre-planning/meeting support, expense reporting, phone support.
- Serve as the point of contact for department’s FedEx shipping, department supplies, business card orders, credentials, etc.
- Track agenda (prior to meetings) and follow-ups (post-meetings) from SVP’s direct reports' bi-weekly check-ins and DRiVE plans.
- Compile and distribute Weekly Contact Sheet and At-A-Glance reports weekly.
- Maintain department contact list and out-of-office information.
- Serve as Safety/Emergency contact for the department.
- Coordinate tournament boxes with IFC (Inventory Fulfillment Center).
- Coordinate/plan department meetings and off-site activities as needed.
- Main point of contact for department summer interns (project assignments and coordination).
- Coordinate Payne Stewart Award Nomination Process.
- Provide support for credentialing during THE PLAYERS, as well as to Internal Communications team for YOU Meetings and the Global Home project as needed.
- Assist with data entry for Executive Communications Resource (talking points database).
- Work with Player Content team to update Catalyst briefs throughout the season (focusing on players who haven’t been drafted by other department members), with potential to “own” several players within the Catalyst program.
- Work with IMPACT team in their efforts to tell stories surrounding the positive impact the PGA TOUR, its players and tournaments have on supporting and improving the communities in which we play, i.e. providing logistical/planning support.
- Track Earned Media Weekly and Monthly statistics and track Diversity & Inclusion articles.
- Assist with recap reports for various media tour/campaign efforts (post-major media tours, major sponsorship announcements like Korn Ferry or Discovery, regional/national IMPACT placements, etc.).
- Manage reports from PGA TOUR First submission process, as needed.
- Manage departmental assignments for Daily Clippings and Employee Hot Sheet, with potential to contribute to the EHS as a writer, as well as PGATOUR.COM/IMPACT as a writer.
- Review and answer or distribute incoming Non-Urgent Communications calls/email
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
Month-to-Month Premium Subscription - $19.95 per month after trial period