Coordinator, Entertainment (Mascot)
- Be considered a world-class performer and ambassador for the NBA Team at all home games and public appearances as the official mascot.
- Actively contribute to the goals of the Game Operations Department and the organization to promote the NBA Team throughout the community from a branding, community relations, and publicity standpoint.
- Overseeing all aspects of the mascot program, including performances at all home games and select community and events.
- Creating new entertainment and recycling past successes for use at performances, including on-court skits/dances/stunts, pre-taped videos, in-stands interaction and improvisation, and off-site event entertainment in collaboration with the Director of Game Operations.
- Responsible for scheduling outside events and creating and actively pursuing a goal-oriented revenue stream for the program.
- Create, recognize, and supervise the brand within the guidelines of the NBA Team brand.
- Purchase, clean, and maintain all assets including costumes, outfits, props, vehicles, and other items used.
- Schedule and oversee rehearsals, workouts, practice sessions, and any other extra-curricular activities pertaining to the program.
- Create and maintain a budget for spending in collaboration with our accounting team.
- Assist in updating and regulating the webpage and other social media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, etc.), a respond to fan mail, emails, and other requests directed.
- Attend annual NBA Mascot Conference, as well as other workshops and conventions that will aid in creation of new materials, gather insight on new innovations and opportunities, and/or increase productivity and skills of position.
- At least 3 years of mascot experience, collegiate or professional preferred.
- Dance experience and other performance-related skills (tumbling, belaying, cheer stunting, dancing, stilt-walking, etc.).
- Trampoline dunking skills and stunt skills (not required, but considered a bonus).
- Ability to excite, motivate, and entertain a crowd – having a great sense of humor is a must.
- Ability to relate and respond to various personalities and actions and an excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Must exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Must possess extraordinary level of creativity, energy, and spontaneity, and have the passion to constantly build and present new and creative ideas.
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to represent the NBA Team and HOOPER in a professional and appropriate manner at all times, inside and outside the suit.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure, in addition to strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and proactive, yet also be able to be a strong team player and work collaboratively with others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to maintain skills and physical fitness through regular usage of such activities, including the ability to lift up to 10 lbs. up to 1/3 of time.
- Ability to stand up to 1/3 of time, walk, sit, up to 2/3 of time, and to talk or hear, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, 2/3 or more of time.
- Ability to tolerate moderate to very loud noise.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, some holidays and be on-call as necessary.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,033 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private College (OH
Private College (OH
Private University (IA)