Assistant Coach - Men's Basketball
The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for helping the Head Coach in providing leadership, vision, and strategic planning for the University Athletic Team.
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the head coach with on and off the court coaching of the team, including practices planning and implementation, individual and team coaching, and other coaching duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring of the strength and conditioning programs.
- Assist the head coach with the academic support of current student-athletes, including study hall monitoring, individual academic monitoring and meetings, class checking and other duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with on and off campus recruiting activities, including prospect evaluation, database management, correspondences, phone calls and other duties.
- Pass NCAA recruiting certification test.
- Assist the head coach with planning all aspects of team travel within budgetary limitations.
- Assist the head coach with planning events for fundraising and other special functions within the framework of the overall athletic department fundraising and development program.
- Successful candidate must be committed to the academic success of student-athletes and be committed to their personal growth and social development.
- Additional duties can be assigned with discussions between the Head Coach, Athletic Director and the prospective successful candidate.
- Pass school driving test, valid driver’s license, and clean driving record.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Synergy and/or video editing.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, student-athletes and potential recruits and their families.
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills
- Demonstrated commitment to NCAA Division II guidelines and regulations.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
University ( PA )