- The Maintenance Engineer is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position within the Operations Department of the Center.
- This position is responsible for performing maintenance duties as required and should be capable of responding to and resolving building-related problems and/or service requests.
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently, as well as in a team dynamic.
- Operates and maintains mechanical systems within the property including, refrigeration, HVAC, BAS controls, plumbing, and other mechanical equipment as required.
- Assist in the preventive maintenance of equipment located in the facility.
- Maintains all equipment and makes repairs when needed.
- Schedules and operates building systems as required.
- Maintains proper inventory of parts and supplies needed.
- Inspects and troubleshoots equipment as required.
- Coordinates and assist outside vendors when needed.
- Performs special projects involving construction or changes to building or building systems.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED and two (2) years prior experience in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing duties. Technical school or advanced certifications a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of building systems, equipment, maintenance procedures, tools, controls, and construction practices.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of computers. Ability to learn new computer software programs required.
- Previous experience in public assembly venues or large commercial buildings preferred.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and technical documents a plus.
- Must have ability to work safely and follow company safety procedures.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license. Forklift and man lift certification a plus. Ability to obtain these certifications is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- This position requires the ability to interact with all types of people. Must be able to get along with co-workers, customers, vendors, management and visitors to the facility.
- This position requires the ability to respond professionally to all individuals and work as a team player.
- The overall company goal is to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: