Assistant Coach, Softball
- Provide coaching expertise and leadership.
- Assist the Head Coach in the management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach in the organization and supervision of practices and contests.
- Maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental, academic, and athletic expectations.
- Assist in implementing a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student-athletes to attend the university.
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the conference, the NCAA, the departmental policy manual, and the university.
- Attend and participates in department and staff meetings as requested/required.
- Coordinate and implement the eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with governing rules and regulations, proper administration of financial aid for both prospective and enrolled student-athletes, facilities scheduling, and contest administration and game operations as necessary.
- Maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with university and departmental support staff to ensure an efficient and effective program and department.
- Develop and participate in fund-raising activities for the program in conjunction with athletic advancement through the Club.
- Represent the university at professional meetings, alumni gatherings, campus activities and civic affairs as requested by the head coach.
- Encourage an effective outreach program with student-athletes that provide benefit to the on and off-campus community.
- Maintain relationships with parents, alumni, friends of the program, and others toward the positive image and promotion of the Athletics Program.
- Remain in full compliance with NCAA, University, and Conference rules.
- Comply with all NCAA rules and regulations, and acknowledge this compliance as part of an annual evaluation process.
- Bachelor’s degree
- DI or DII coaching experience
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Southeast Region School