Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for Men's and Women's Basketball
- Provide instructional expertise and direction for all areas of physical development. This includes preseason, in-season and post season workouts as allowed by NCAA regulations for Men's and Women's Basketball
- Work in collaboration with the athletic training/medical staff as needed to implement rehabilitative/reconditioning programs.
- Communicate and collaborate with Men's and Women's Basketball coaches in regards to results, testing and goals.
- Create and assist with implementing and enforcing codes of conduct and rules for the varsity weight room.
- Assist sport coaches with recruiting tours/on-campus visits as it relates to the area of Strength and Conditioning
- Attend all practices and teach student-athletes proper skills and skill development in regards to strength and conditioning.
- Create a positive environment for student-athletes by communicating clearly and fairly with each student-athlete on matters that affect his/her development
- Recruit, train, and evaluate all assigned support staff within the program.
- Responsible for staying within fiscal and budgetary guidelines.
- Serve as a representative of La Salle University and lead in an exemplary fashion
- Responsible for compliance with all appropriate rules, regulations, processes, and principles
- Responsible for immediately reporting to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation and any other appropriate individuals or agencies sensitive issues
- Promote the general University and Athletics program
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching or playing experience at the collegiate or professional level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated self-direction and motivation with the ability to work independently and work under pressure.
- Hold certification (CSCS and/or CSCCA) to fulfill NCAA recommendations/requirements
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification must be maintained.
- Successful background check clearances including, but not limited to, a PA Criminal Records Check, FBI Fingerprinting Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance Check.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
- Coaching experience at a collegiate or professional level.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Northeast Region University
Northeast Region School