Assistant Coach/Instructor II - Women's Rowing
Position Summary or Faculty Qualifications
- Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach/Instructor II will assist in the coaching of student-athletes involved in the Division I rowing program, and will assist with recruiting and administrative duties as assigned.
- This is a full-time, 9-month position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach, coach, mentor, and inspire student athletes up through graduation. Assist the Head Coach with the coaching of student-athletes in assigned boats.
- Attend all competitions and practices unless directed to other tasks by the Head Coach. Educate student-athletes in the proper skills to support their development. ·
- Assist with social media, fundraising efforts and other program development tasks as assigned.
- Assist the Head Coach in the development of safe and productive practices and races, including team building exercises, health and nutrition, alternative training methods, and event management.
- Assist the Head Coach and Assistant Coach with aspects of recruiting such as on-campus visits and evaluations.
- The person who holds this position is classified as a Campus Security Authority under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act).
- Assist in the development of off-season conditioning programs for the team.
- Determine individual and team strengths and develop strategies to maximize performance.
- Provide advice and counsel to the Head Coach in holding student-athletes accountable for infractions of rules, regulations and policies.
- Work with the Head Coach and administrators to stay within fiscal and budgetary guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated self-direction and motivation with the ability to work independently and work under pressure.
- Strong administrative skills including the ability to prioritize organize and budget.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification must be maintained.
- Valid driver's license and successful clearance of motor vehicle record check.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the University.
- Successful background check clearances to include a PA Criminal Records Check, FBI Fingerprinting Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance Check.
- Master's degree.
- 1-2 years of coaching experience at the collegiate or professional level or participation as a rower or manager for a Division I rowing program
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School