Club Sports Softball Coach (Temp)
- The primary role is to provide instruction and coaching.
- Assist with recruitment of club members from local high schools, travel teams and as appropriate for the specific sport.
- Assist with maintaining the roster, all waivers and required forms have been completed, and all dues are collected, etc.
- Ensure player attendance at practice is a priority. Actively develop and improve the skills of new and returning club members. This includes supporting off-season conditioning and participating in pre-season conditioning and team-building.
- Attend all practices and games on time unless discussed previously with the team leadership.
- Be prepared for all games and practices, sets goals with the team, and strives to reach the goals.
- Assist with the Sponsorship Package Program and conducting fundraisers.
- Be familiar with and enforce all club, university, and league policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with and enforce the University of Michigan-Flint Student Code of Conduct and comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations including those related to Title IX and is recognized a 'Campus Security Authority' under the Clery reporting guidelines.
- Be familiar with and enforce cash handling guidelines and ensure compliance with annual budget.
- Be approachable, willing to listen and act as a role model and mentor to team members.
- Promote good sportsmanship at both practices and in competition and ensure that all team members positively represent the University of Michigan-Flint at all times.
- Comply with the UM-Club Sports concussion program, employ safety practices and follow all procedures set forth for emergencies.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have 2-5 years' experience coaching High School or Club level or equivalent
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must be skilled in student leadership development, team-building and athletic skill/performance advancement.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,024 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private College (OH
Private College (OH
Private University (IA)