Assistant Coach, Women's Track and Field
- Use expert technical knowledge of the sport of Women''s Track and Field/Cross Country to assist in the development and coaching of a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes.
- Assist in the organization and conduct of all practice sessions, conditioning, and other sport-related workouts. This will include significant setup and maintenance of equipment for events.
- Provide coaching to the student-athletes during the conduct of all home and away competitions.
- Provide supervision and support to the student-athletes during travel to away events.
- Assist in the provision of a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other support staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes.
- Encourage and promote excellence in academics from student-athletes, in collaboration with various academic support services.
- Assist in the effort to recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. Travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes. Arrange all campus visitations in collaboration with the Office of Enrollment Management.
- Assist in the provision of all correspondence with prospective student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Participate in the making of travel arrangements, including transportation, lodging, and meals.
- Perform public relations and fundraising duties as needed.
- Ensure program compliance with all NCAA, Northeast Conference, and University rules, including completion of required Compliance documentation and timely reporting of all known violations to the Director of Athletics or Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including driving on behalf of the University.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- At least four years of coaching and/or competing in the sport of Track and Field/Cross Country at the collegiate level required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare, academic success, NCAA/University rules.
- Valid drivers license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School