Assistant Director, Communications
Summary of Essential job functions:
- Develop the vision, strategy and brand for assigned sport programs by managing social media accounts, developing content calendars and collaborating with other units to create and design artwork, graphics and content for a variety of platforms. Incorporate key messaging points into daily content through a proactive approach and digital-forward growth mindset, consistent with the objectives outlined in DAPER’s Strategic Plan.
- Serve as the lead multimedia liaison between assigned sport programs and the External Relations department. Solicit feedback from sport programs and External Relations colleagues on objectives, goals and strategies, in addition to creation and distribution of content. Facilitate multimedia student-athlete features in coordination with other departments.
- Responsible for the public relations functions for assigned sports. Design, write and edit various communications materials, such as student-athlete bios, press releases and feature stories for the department’s website conveying the voice of the coach, student athletes and the program.
- Tasked with additional areas of functional leadership among the staff. Examples may include but are limited to: management of photography contract, liaison to Academic Services and Compliance staff, coordination of national/conference awards program or curation of daily morning e-newsletter.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local, regional and national media covering Stanford Athletics.
- Manage current and historical team information (rosters, statistics, record, photos, videos) of assigned sports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Summary of required skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and four years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills at building collaborative relationships with internal colleagues and customers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Effective time management skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude in social media. Familiarity with managing accounts and serving as the primary administrator.
- Advanced graphic design and non-linear editing skills. Familiarity with elements of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of emergent multimedia technologies, web architecture and new media production.
- Demonstrated aptitude in social media and proactive, strategic communication are essential. Confidence and familiarity working with web technologies, including basic HTML and CMS tools (such as SIDEARM). Advanced and demonstrated knowledge of statistical programs (such as Genius Sports and StatCrew).
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
West Region School