Executive Director of Business Development
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Direct corporate sponsorship sales responsibility through the effective use of cold-calling, lead generation, and client relationship-building to promote the value of the franchise and the facility, the success of which is based upon meeting both individual and team sponsorship goals while understanding individual customer business goals and initiatives.
- Direct sales and oversight of all hospitality offerings, season tickets, and group tickets in conjunction with departmental manager.
- Develop, write and present personalized, unique and integrated corporate sponsorship sales proposals to key clients.
- Work directly with the organization’s leadership team regarding corporate sponsorship, suite and season ticket sales, organizational image and community influence.
- Interview, recommend, train, orient, manage, motivate and lead all corporate sales and ticket sales staff.
- Work with the sponsorship team to ensure that the goals and marketing commitments developed for each client are being met, including any review/reporting requirements.
- Work with the ticket sales team to drive presold tickets through suites, season and mini ticket packages, group tickets, and hospitality offerings.
- Build long-term positive relationships with marketing partners through the execution of best-in-class customer service.
- Work directly with and provide guidance, as appropriate, to the promotions department and game day staff as it relates to sponsorship sales and client satisfaction to ensure alignment and organizational compliance based on existing agreements.
- Review, supervise and track proposals prepared by staff. Prepare weekly sales reports and sales pending reports as requested.
- Create, monitor and introduce new sales inventory to help create additional revenue opportunities.
- Liaise with other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities and share new ideas.
- Work game days and special events to entertain existing partners and new business prospects
- Assist in the creation and on-going development of sales media kits and promotional collateral.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Proven sales and sales management experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Ability to communicate credibly and effectively through all levels of an organization and with clients.
- Proven ability to enact and manage a sales process.
- Strong conceptual and strategic skills, and ability to think “outside the box,” and strong customer satisfaction orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work with all personality types at the staff, management and client levels
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Word, Excel and PowerPoint or other presentation software
- Excellent listening, negotiating, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: