Assistant Director of Athletic Performance
- Primary responsibilities include counseling individuals and teams on daily nutrition for performance and health.
- Translating the latest scientific evidence into practical sports nutrition recommendations.
- Tracking / documenting outcomes of nutrition services and body composition results.
- Serving as a food and nutrition resource for coaches, athletic trainers and strength coaches.
- Assisting with daily functions of Athletic Department's training table.
- Providing sports nutrition education to student athletes regarding health/wellness and performance; and maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice.
- Excellent communication, organizational, teaching, public relations, interpersonal, customer service, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; commitment to working with multi-cultural populations.
- Have strong work ethic and be of high character principle.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in clinical nutrition, food and nutrition, or related field.
- Completion of a dietetic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND®) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- 1-2 years of collegiate athletic/sports nutrition or comparable experience required.
- Registered Dietitian with active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; Certification/Licensure as required by state of practice.
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
University ( MI )
American Pro Basketball Team