Assistant Women's Rowing Coach, NCAA
This position has been filled - Job#: 453384563
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Mastery of the skills and strategies associated with the sport.
- Bachelors Degree with Masters Degree preferred.
- Previous coaching experience and/or education and competitive background indicative of the ability to coach successfully in an NCAA Division III liberal arts college environment.
Job Description Responsibilities:
- Assist with the organization and operation of respective sport including assuming responsibilities in the absence of the head coach.
- Assist the head coach in developing and implementing coaching strategies and establish expectations that facilitate the achievement of the student-athlete learning outcomes in the areas.
- Teaching athletic skills and team concepts as well as implementing skills and strategy in competitive situations.
- Assist head coach to ensure that all actions of coaches and student-athletes of said team are performed with the appropriate level of instruction, safety precautions and training and the physical well-being of everyone is taken into account in all that is done as a member of the program.
- Provide leadership in establishing, regulating, publicizing and enforcing all team regulations regarding personal conduct.
- Ensure that the policies, procedures and regulations of organizations to which the University belongs including the NCAA, ECAC and MARC are adhered to.
- Coordinate with head coach and cooperate with the Athletics Communication Director in compiling and submitting to the media and other offices statistics and award nominations as are required or appropriate.
- Maintaining the care of athletic equipment and uniforms used in respective sport.
- Assist head coach to ensure that student-athletes have completed all required eligibility forms, etc. prior to participating. In addition, the coach shall keep the Office of the Director of Athletics & Recreation notified of all changes in the team roster.
- Cooperate with the athletic trainer and other University health personnel in the care and prevention of injury. Coach will also cooperate with the athletic trainer's office concerning all injuries requiring attention by a physician.
- Ensure personal conduct and that of the student-athletes is in keeping with the policies of the NCAA, ECAC and the MARC.
- Cooperate in the delivery of a program of social and educational support for athletes.
- All other duties as assigned and therefore deemed necessary and appropriate by the head coach and/or the Director of Athletics & Recreation or his/her representative.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Professional Soccer Team