Hockey Equipment Manager
- Daily practice set up (towels, jerseys, socks, laundry bags, sport drinks, water, etc.)
- Pre-practice skate sharpening, equipment repairs, equipment modifications, and sewing
- Pre-practice bench set up: water bottles, coaches board, tape, sticks, tires, etc.
- Post-practice skate sharpening, equipment repair (sewing), equipment modifications, equipment replacement, equipment cleaning, and laundry
- All general housekeeping duties for the dressing room
- Game day set up: home team dressing room, visitors dressing room, and referees room (in accordance with league rules)
- In-season and Post-season inventory of all hockey equipment, supplies, etc.
- Begin to develop contacts within the league for the purpose of becoming familiar with arena regulations and set up, and begin to “network” with equipment manufacturers reps and vendors
- Develop a working budget for the following season based on end of season inventory
- Keep and maintain effective and accurate records
- Candidate must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, some holiday and be willing to travel with the team
- Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external constituents.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Candidate must also possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and the ability to work a non-standard work week.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or be a foreign national with proper work credentials.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to skate sharpen
- Ability to make skate repairs (replacement, riveting, eyelets, punching, use of oven)
- Ability to sew
- Ability to make effective equipment modifications
- Ability to keep, maintain, and prepare effective and accurate records
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with management, league officials, facility representatives, the media, fellow employees, and the general public
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,961 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Community College (NC)
Sports & Entertainment