Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Create a culture of passion, teamwork, support, innovation, and transparent communication throughout all aspects of the OPTC.
- Team USA athletes are striving to be the best in the world and are fighting for 1/100th of a second in their pursuits to excellence, and our Team Behind the Team model that culture through the operations and management of the facility.
- Lead a team of integrated functions, that includes facilities maintenance, on-site sport venue setup, food service, transportation, and operations management. Each of these functions highlights the uniqueness of the OPTC model, which must support sports medicine, nutritional services, strength and conditioning, sports sciences, and sports training venues to allow our athletes to strive for their best.
- Lead and manage, as well as play an active role in the day-to-day operations of the OPTC.
- Lead a collaborative team seeking input from athletes and NGBs to continuously strive for operational excellence. Consistently look for ways to operate the OPTC “Faster, Higher, Stronger” while balancing resource constraints.
- Develop and oversee the operating budget for the training center to maximize support to Team USA athletes, while monitoring financial performance of all departments to ensure budget compliance and operation within approved budget guidelines.
- Provide day-to-day management of the Operations department, ensuring that all training center policies and procedures are followed, programs are scheduled based on priority access, and non-funded programs align within the OPTC’s mission.
- Build impactful, positive partnerships with National Governing Bodies and the Olympic Regional Development Authority to ensure that Team USA athletes are supported in a positive environment and receive the supported needed to achieve their goals.
- Set high standards to ensure that department managers and team members understand, adhere to, and implement USOPC and U.S. Center for SafeSport policies and procedures.
- Coordinate ongoing staff training program with the USOPC HR department and encourage OPTC staff to develop a professional curiosity leading to improved performance.
- Represent and promote the OPTC in community and public events.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Management, Business Administration, or related fieldExperience:
- 10 years of management experience
- 5-7 or more years of sports or sports-related experience
- Proficient in overall management, organization, administration, financial control, and personnel supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking experience
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Tools, Equipment, & Conditions:
- Standard office equipment
- Office environment
- Some travel required
- Multi-building site
- Non-traditional work hours
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
University ( AR )