Fitness and Wellness Intern
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development, execution and evaluation of new and recurring programs offered in the areas of group fitness, personal training, wellness, incentives and aquatics.
- Promote student employee success through the recruitment, supervision and training of the fitness area staff, group fitness instructors and personal trainers.
- Contribute to the development and presentation of monthly educational in-services for student staff.
- Teach group exercise classes, conduct fitness assessments, and train personal training clients as needed.
- Aid in the coordination of any fitness or aquatics special events
- Drive the growth of our social media presence and other marketing initiatives.
- Assist with tracking facility utilization and any other tasks as needed.
- This position is 40 hours per week with hours from approximately 11am to 7pm Monday through Friday. There are occasional weekends and evenings depending on events and trainings.
- There are opportunities with assistance in funding for professional development such as NIRSA conferences.
- Bachelor's Degree or three (3) or more years of study in an exercise science degree program
- Hold one or more current and nationally recognized group fitness certifications and/or personal training certifications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media outlets
- Our ideal candidate would be a self-starter, capable of working independently to create solutions and self-manage tasks.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
College ( FL )