Assistant Golf Coach, NCAA
- Assist with the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the Men's and Women's Golf programs, including organizing, conducting, and supervising all practices and matches, and transporting of teams to and from practices and matches.
- Assist with budgetary responsibilities including team equipment and uniform purchases, making team travel and lodging arrangements, and travel arrangements for recruitment visits on and off campus.
- Assist with recruiting and scouting of quality student-athletes under the guidelines established by the University, the NCAA, and the Southland Conference.
- Assist with scheduling nationally competitive teams in conjunction with the Head Golf Coach.
- Monitor student-athlete academic progress and class attendance.
- Participate in community fund-raising efforts and public relations.
- Perform other duties assigned by Head Golf Coach or the Athletic Director.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree.
- Prior athletic participation in mens and/or womens golf.
- Experience in mens and/or womens golf as a player or coach at the college level
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to assist with coaching and recruiting quality student-athletes.
- Public relations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime