Unified Communications & Collaboration Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gathers company requirements and anticipates future needs for communications and collaboration technologies including cloud and on-premise AV, voice, video, chat, instant messaging and conference room technology.
- Provides equipment and technology recommendations for approved projects.
- Evaluates and recommends technology solutions that meet company requirements and that enable company-wide collaboration and communication needs.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, and deployment of communications and collaboration solutions and technologies.
- Reviews equipment and service contracts and participates in negotiations with vendors.
- Maintains company communications and collaboration equipment and services through maintenance contracts, troubleshooting, and personal technical experience.
- Assists with preventive maintenance of all equipment and services.
- Works closely with IT Infrastructure team on all specification, design, and implementation duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains accurate equipment inventory.
- Develops and maintains technical drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, blueprints, and configurations for all communication and collaboration solutions including conference rooms design and implementation.
- Works with the AV Lead to provide annual refresh and upgrade proposals. Provides regular project status updates to IT leadership.
- Troubleshoots and repairs communication and collaboration system components and as necessary works with vendors to coordinate warranty and offsite repairs. Responsible for break fix activities and support tickets assigned through the IT ticketing system.
- Develop and maintain equipment user guides, troubleshooting instructions, and training guides for existing and new solutions.
- May assume the role of Project Manager on some projects and live events and will be responsible for all production elements involved with such events.
- Provides audio visual event and meeting support as assigned.
- Ensures that meeting rooms and venues have the necessary equipment for meetings/events.
- Perform set-up of equipment based on customer needs.
- Ensure that all equipment is operational.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, etc.)
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Northeast Region School
Central Sports Sales Company