Spirit Squad Advisor - Part Time and Temporary
The Office of Intercollegiate Athletics invites applicants for a part time and temporary Spirit Squad Advisor to lead, coach, organize, and manage our Co-Ed Spirit Squad (Cheerleading and Mascot) program.
- The position reports to the Director of Athletics.
- Candidate must have specific certifications to meet PSAC guidelines.
- Candidate must be present at all events the Spirit Squad are performing which includes: football games, basketball games, Homecoming Parade, and other campus/ community functions.
Other duties include:
- Assist with managing budget and financial affairs.
- Ensures all participants paperwork (medical/clerical/clearances) are up to date and on file.
- Enforces and documents a statement of rules and expectations for student participants.
- Organize and conduct tryouts when needed (annually /biannually).
- Conduct and organize cheerleading camp in preparation for football season.
- Assist with authoring cheerleading/mascot web content material.
- Supervise and manage volunteer coaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
Examples of Duties:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Certified AACCA Cheerleading Coach, as required by NCAA and PSAC.
- Knowledge of NCAA and PSAC cheerleading/sprit squad/mascot rules and regulations.
- Skill in training, coaching, and advising cheerleaders.
- Minimum 2 years advising/coaching experience preferred.
Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
University ( IA )