ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Learn rules and gameplay
- Stay abreast of league news, transactions and storylines
- Able to produce content on a tight deadline
- Produce game previews, recaps, and feature stories within provided deadlines
- Post and/or schedule content to the website.
- Capture content in post-game interviews and press conferences
- Perform online and on-the-ground research to accurately report on assigned team and their players
- Utilize access to players and team staff to its potential
- Previous experience in sports writing
- Exceptional grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to write and edit content for the website with accuracy
- High degree of responsibility and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with team personnel and other media
- Strong communication and storytelling skills; ability to pitch storylines to league stakeholders
- Desire to seek unique and non-traditional stories
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.