Director of Athletic Communications
1. Sport coverage responsibilities include: Writing event recaps, weekly press releases, update website, and distribute event recap and result to media organizations covering the team.
2. Website updates include: Updating team and department schedules, coaches and player bios, rosters, specific sport releases, event recaps, feature stories and other information relating to assigned sports.
3. Hire game day event operation staff, issue media credentials, and oversee press box/row operations at all home events.
4. Sport Records & archives: Design, write and update team record books weekly and maintain historical records for assigned teams.
5. Assist with the coordination of the photography services for the Department of Athletics, which includes hiring photographers, scheduling photo shoots, and assisting with the maintenance of the photo library for the department.
6. Coordinate interview requests for coaches and players.
7. Travel to away competitions to meet the needs of media covering the event.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Final Cut Pro
- various website content management systems
- various social media platforms
- writing skills
- communication skills
- radio broadcasting, video streaming, knowledge of all game day equipment necessary to run event, photography skills.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of coaches, administrators and staff.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Ice Hockey Team