Head Football Coach, NCAA
Head Football Coaching Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in the planning and operation of the program.
- Administer the programs within the policies of the University, UMAC, the NCAA, and/or other appropriate governing bodies.
- Develop and maintain a successful recruiting system, while maintaining a high level of visibility within Iowa Wesleyan’s service region.
- Engage in retention initiatives for student-athletes through collaboration with numerous University offices.
- Enforce discipline and good sportsmanship behavior of student athletes.
- Provide an environment conducive to a high level of academic performance by team members.
- Organize and facilitate all daily practice sessions, contest preparation, competition, and off-season training.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate assistant coaches in cooperation with the Athletic Director.
- Organize and run summer camps to help young athletes improve their athletic skills and create positive exposure for IW’s athletic program.
- Evaluate and review the program and recommend changes and improvements to the Director of Athletics.
Other Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Promote and support the Football program, the University and the Tiger Athletics program’s mission and goals.
- Represent Iowa Wesleyan and the Athletic Department in a positive manner with a high degree of integrity at all times.
- Be an active and engaged Tiger Athletics team member willing to assist others in major intercollegiate athletics initiatives such as game day management, team travel needs, and fundraising events.
- Provide appropriate and timely information to the SID for distribution.
- Schedule contests and organize travel logistics in accordance with the policies set forth by the University.
- Manage all aspects of the Football budget.
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Competitive football experience required.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Valid US Driver’s License with the ability to be authorized to drive IW fleet vehicles for team transportation to and from away contests required.
- Must be available for night and weekend responsibilities.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: