Director of Athletics, NCAA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead administrator in Athletics, providing supervision over all programmatic activities and staff.
- Advance the goals/mission/core values of the institution and department.
- Manage and monitor institution and NCAA and other related associations.
- Provide oversight of staff who assist with athletic eligibility with registrar, Academic Dean, or Advising Offices.
- Establish and implement departmental goals, policies, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate effectiveness.
- In collaboration with staff, provide leadership initiatives for student athletes.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate assigned coaches, staff and/or student employees, as necessary, to enhance their academic and or, professional development. Will direct the onboarding of new coaches and staff. Mentor coaches and staff in recruiting, scheduling, time management, and overall management of their programs. Schedule regular individual coach's meetings to provide updates and training.
- Collaborate with institutional and community colleagues to support College priorities, including academic success, retention, prevention of alcohol/drug use and sexual violence.
- Maintain active communication with the college community in order to promote the integration of athletics into the broader educational mission of the college.
- Oversee recruiting and retention efforts by coaches and staff.
- Ensure game management responsibilities occur through assigned staff.
- Coordinate special athletic events including banquets, awards and other events.
- Contribute to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for students and staff.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the institution financial system and policies and procedures.
- Oversee coordination of team schedules and the necessary correspondence, travel, and housing for team travel through assigned staff.
- Create and follow department and program budgets. Share information with coaches and staff.
- •Oversee and provide guidance to staff providing academic support to students needing assistance.
- •Utilize good communication skills, demonstrate ability to respond well to difficult situations and display diplomacy and a proficient level of tact in all situations.
- •Represent the department at various events, may serve on committees to enhance unit goals/objectives. Participate in Provost Council.
- •Interact with department managers and various external constituents, and serve as liaison for athletics to different departments.
- •Communicate effectively with various internal and external audiences, including current and prospective student-athletes and their families.
- •Work collaboratively with other campus departments for the advancement of the institution including admissions, public relations, development, and alumni.
- •Oversight of elective physical education program and New York Department of Education Coaching Certification classes.
- •Serve as liaison with media and community members; market and promote athletics; manage publications and athletic web pages.
- • Master's degree in Sports Administration, Business, Educational Leadership, Exercise Science, Sport Science or in a related field
- • Five years of progressive, successful experience in athletics administration
- • Experience in intercollegiate coaching
- • Experience successfully working within NCAA regulations.
- • Commitment to academic excellence.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Distinguished record of accomplishment as an athletics director or associate/ assistant athletics director.
- •Demonstrated success in advancing student academic and athletic excellence.
- • Demonstrated success in cultivating donors, excellent people management and communications skills.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Region School
Central Region School
School ( RI )