Event Logistics Associate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives semi-tractor/trailer to events.
- Inspects vehicles for defects before and after trips and submits a report indicating their condition.
- Performing proper care and use/organization of all equipment (maintained (tires, general maintenance, etc.) and cleaned (wash/wax)) prior to, during and after the event.
- Maintains driver log according to I.C. regulations.
- Park trailers/equipment.
- Assists in loading and unloading merchandise at any locations.
- Attend events as needed. Will be present throughout the duration of the event (including returning for the completion of the event in cases where inclement weather conditions prevent from completing the event on the scheduled dates).
- Adhere to policies and procedures associated with the event personnel.
- Assists in merchandise sales during the event including movement of merchandise and assisting as additional support staff to assure maximization of sales at events.
- Record and verify merchandise movement with computer records.
- Assist in capturing of all sales records (POS & scanners) on all products sold by downloading handheld scanners, credit card machines.
- When deemed necessary, assist in the performance of physical inventory of all sales locations.
- Maintenance, set-up, and teardown of event equipment and store structures.
- Maintenance and cleaning of company vehicles.
- Skilled to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance. instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates or four-year college degree in business, management or related field, is preferred.
- Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License needed. (Training available at no cost to the employee!)
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to travel 30-35 weeks/weekends throughout the year, an average of 8-9 days per event. Be comfortable driving solo or with a team.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to speak effectively to event personnel and management.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, e-mail/Internet software, and Excel Spreadsheet software.
- Class A CDL.
- Foundation knowledge of company systems, policies, and procedures.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,071 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
College Athletics Recruiting