Senior Associate Athletics Director, NCAA
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Provides leadership, vision, strategy, direction and management oversight over professional and support staff.
- Responsible for personnel, including the hiring of part-time staff members, for external unit.
- Oversees all aspects of the athletics marketing, promotions, sales, social/digital media, and licensing, including ensuring the maintenance and adherence to the philosophies and regulations of the Conference, NCAA, and University.
- Is responsible for management of marketing, promotions, ticketing budgets.
- Is responsible for managing the creation and implementation of all aspects of the sales, marketing, and promotions plan for the Athletics Department.
- Is the lead liaison with centrally reporting areas- Development/Alumni Relations and Communications/External Relations, which includes leading strategic planning efforts for these areas.
- Oversees individual ticket programs and promotions, advertising campaigns and community programs designed to increase attendance and revenue at the Athletics events with a specific emphasis on men’s and women’s basketball, gymnastics, volleyball and baseball.
- Provides regular reports to the Department of Athletics leadership on progress toward meeting sales/ticketing revenue goals and objectives.
- Enhances and directs game/event experiences and presentations at all athletic events.
- Is responsible for all community outreach activities for the Athletics including campus and student engagement. Serves as sport administrator for sports programs.
- Works with departments across campus as necessary for Athletics, including serving on various campus-wide (and conference) committees.
- Develops specific strategies to enhance all intercollegiate athletics.
- Evaluates processes, resources and staffing and recommends needed improvements to elevate the Athletics.
- Ensures appropriate clearance processes are in place to ensure quality control and provide excellent customer service to coaches and athletics leadership.
- Serves on the Athletics Leadership team
- Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 10 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience development and implementation of marketing, promotion, ticketing, communication and social media strategies and systems in intercollegiate or professional sports with positive indicators of engagement, sales and revenue.
- Experience managing staff responsible for athletics marketing, promotions, ticketing, sales, communications, digital/social media, corporate partnerships, graphic design, development, multimedia & broadcast services, campus/student engagement
- Experience coordinating multimedia and broadcast services (including video streaming) production in various facilities (indoors/outdoors)
- Experience coordinating athletics/commercial licensing and merchandising, including collaborating with on-campus partners
- Experience coordinating intercollegiate or professional large-scale events, including oversight of game day experiences
- Experience coordinating the spirit program, including cheer, dance and pep band.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Social media and online experience, including producing and featuring multi-media content; highly organized and attentive to detail; creative problem-solver; team player and collaborator
- Experience as a sport supervisor
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,824 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
College Athletics Recruiting
Sports Media Group