Assistant Director of Sports Performance, NCAA
- Develop, design, implement, and administer strength training programs unique to the assigned sport(s) and to each individual student-athlete, utilizing evidence based practices and current industry training practices.
- Provide instruction to student-athletes during strength and conditioning training sessions. Use discretion and independent judgement in developing and establishing goals, rules, expectations, and motivations for assigned teams and each individual student-athlete.
- Conduct appropriate pre-training session and pre-contest preparations and warm ups, working with qualified sports medicine personnel or athletic trainers during all training sessions and contests.
- Provides nutrition counseling as needed to student athlete to enhance sports performance.
- Educates student athletes in NCAA Drug Free Sport policies for assigned sport teams.
- Ensure at all times that the equipment and exercises are following best practices to safeguard the student athlete and the facility.
- Develop programs by evaluating current physical conditioning, having a knowledge of the various sports and associated exercises, tailoring strength programs for specific needs, demonstrating proper performance of exercises, ensuring proper execution by student athletes for both efficiency and safety; manage programs by monitoring progress and providing an assessment of development.
- Abide by and comply with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and other appropriate Conference rules, academic standards, requirements, and policies of the University, and all guidelines and policies of the Athletics department and report any concerns of compromise or violation of rules, standards, guidelines or policies to the Vice President of Athletics or the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance and Administration.
- Establish injury preventative programming in conjunction with Sports Medicine to reduce sports-related injuries.
- Aid Sports Medicine in the rehabilitation and reconditioning of student athlete to be able to return to play after injury.
- Prepare semi-annual evaluations and progress reports regarding the progress, conditioning, and training of the student-athletes for athletic management.
- Participate in clinics and lectures on strength and conditioning upon request.
- Monitor appearance, maintenance, and organization of equipment in training facilities.
- Provide education and enforcement of weight room rules.
- Oversee internship program in collaboration with College of Exercise Science.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation in the procurement and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist in providing continuing education opportunities for the performance staff.
- Responsible for updating information into the application database for each student-athlete served.
- Contribute to the overall success of the University's intercollegiate athletics program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required from accredited 4-year university, preferably in sports or health sciences discipline, e.g. Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Movement Science or other related field.
- Minimum 4+ years' relevant experience in strength and conditioning coaching.
- Recommended participation in competitive High school or college athletics and the ability to articulate to student athletes the benefits of sports performance training.
- Possess a current certification with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (CSCS) or Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches Association (SCCCa).
- Has a thorough understanding of human physiology.
- Ability to effectively coach, advise, and motivate student-athletes.
- Knowledgeable of University, NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite software and familiarity with team, game, meet management software preferred.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record and occasionally operates University vehicles.
- CPR, First Aid and AED required; Coaches' Safety Training certifications helpful.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment Premium Subscription - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Sports & Entertainment
Minor League Baseball Team