- The Concessions Manager (CM) is responsible for the effective management and running of venue concessions operations including event planning support, scheduling, food preparation and production, inventory, cash control, compliance with alcohol service polices, cleaning, safety, guest service, employee/volunteer training and supervision, troubleshooting, closing duties, and any other tasks assigned by the DOFB or ADOFB.
- The Concessions Manager will provide oversight and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues. The Concession Manager must provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of any assigned event. A critical function of the CM will be to actively mentor, train and help employees and volunteers meet company quality standards, and to promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment. The CM will ensure that the part-time staff receives training, as well as coordinating and presenting the skills training module to NFP volunteers.
- This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong technical (computer and POS) aptitude required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure proper set-up of all concession’s locations prior to doors. Set-up duties may include (but are not limited to): verifying opening inventory, assigning duties to concession workers (employee/volunteer), ensuring sanitation standards are met, verifying that each location is fully operational, ascertaining levels of food production based upon projected guest attendance has been met; assuring that Location Lead or NFP Stand Leader has followed proper procedures for distribution and handling of cash.
- Provide a high level of oversight and operational expertise resulting in the smooth, efficient and profitable execution of events.
- Manage and run all venue concessions operations before, during and after the event. Duties include staff scheduling, employee check-in, equipment inspection, POS monitoring and troubleshooting, vault duties, guest complaint resolution, training, food production, clean-up, post-event reconciliation and reporting, and any other duties as assigned by the DOFB or ADOFB.
- Willing to cover any open position to assure location is fully operational and company standards pertaining to speed of service and guest satisfaction are met; assist with Premium Services operations and event needs, as directed by the DOFB or ADOFB.
- Provide direction and oversight to Floor Supervisors, Location Leads, Concession Cooks, and NPOs. Ensure that all BallCorps and venue policies, procedures and practices are adhered to, including compliance with alcohol service and food handling / sanitation guidelines, general safety policies and procedures. Report any alcohol service or other compliance issues to DOFB or ADOFB immediately.
- Complete post-event evaluations, data compilation, tracking of monetary and product shortages, generating reports; serves as a resource for POS applications, training, and hardware problems.
- Ensure work environment is safe and free from harassment or discrimination; immediately address all safety concerns, potential hazards, accidents or incidents. Relays safety/health issues to management immediately.
- Ensure event staff and volunteers are aware of work place expectations; provide on-going assistance, training and mentoring to event staff and volunteers; promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative workplace environment by working side-by-side with staff and volunteers; reinforce procedures and practices through repetition; lead by example and provide on-going constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions (i.e. regarding employee placement, staffing adjustments, and/or respond to technical, product or equipment challenges during an event) quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping system.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Ball Corps and venue concession operations.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- The responsibilities of this position are subject to change with the development of the department. Any change in responsibilities will be communicated by the VP, Food & Beverage or the DOFB for BallCorps Food & Beverage LLC.
- Associate Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Concessions Manager Certificate from the National Association of Concessionaires.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Minor League Baseball Team
Minor League Baseball Team
Pro Football Team