Head Athletic Trainer, NCAA
- In consultation with the Sr. Associate Director of Athletics for Sports Medicine and Performance, formulates effective therapeutic treatment plans, implements treatments and monitors progress.
- Possesses technical and practical expertise in the appropriate application and supervision of a wide range of rehabilitative exercises / therapy and diagnostic equipment.
- Applies evaluative skills and techniques for orthopedic and medical problems associated with intercollegiate athletics as well as participates in the medical clearance and evaluation of incoming and returning student-athletes.
- Records, analyzes and maintains medical records for daily treatments/rehabilitation, practice and game limitations, medical services and referrals.
- Responsible for compiling and processing insurance claims.
- This position serves as a preceptor in the ATEP.
- Provides supervision of athletic training students during their clinical experience; if the incumbent is credentialed for less than one year, they will supervise and mentor athletic training students under the supervision of an experienced preceptor.
- Communicates and interacts with medical professionals, coaches and administrative staff.
- Supervises Staff Athletic Trainers who work with football.
- Coordinates diagnostic tests and appointments.
- Secures test results and prepares information for Physician Clinics.
- Gathers information needed for insurance claims.
- Will oversee all aspects of durable medical equipment for staff in the stock and bill program as well as coordinate emergency medical services with the university ambulance service.
- Performs delegated administrative tasks and facility management responsibilities as well as other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree and three years of sports medicine experience at the collegiate level.
- BOC Certification and eligibility for State license and Adult CPR/AED certification for the health care provider/first responder is required.
- The incumbent should possess demonstrated ability for leadership, to communicate effectively and successfully with head and assistant coaches, strength coaches, team physicians and administrators; demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse student population; and possess technical and practical expertise in the appropriate application and supervision of a wide range of rehabilitative exercises/therapy and diagnostic equipment.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,367 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Northeast Region School
Northeast Region School
Preparatory School (VT)
Private School (PA)