- Candidate would be responsible for receiving and unpacking equipment to start season. Equipment will be candidate’s responsibility for the season. Distribute bats to players as needed. Coordinate with staff on distribution of batting practice and game balls. Keep detailed accounting of bats and balls.
- Issue and maintain all uniform items, including the washing of pants, jerseys, socks, belts and jackets. The ballclub has a seamstress available for all needed repairs.
- Oversee preparation for road trips, including loading equipment and team bags onto bus. Pack uniforms and caps for players who may join the team on the road trip. When team returns from a trip, transport gear to stadium and help unpack.
- Maintain contact with MLB Team’ minor league equipment manager for all equipment needs and repairs (radar guns, video equipment..)
- Run errands for staff and players when necessary. Supervise any assistants and bat boys.
- Clean and maintain the appearance of home clubhouse by sweeping and vacuuming, taking out trash, cleaning bathrooms, supplying toiletries for staff and players, doing laundry for home team and umpires following each game, shopping for and preparing pre-game and post-game meals, preparing drink coolers for BP and games, keeping the batting tunnels clean and completing additional duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age with an outgoing personality and the ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Candidates must possess solid communications skills, organizational skills and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Individual must work successfully in a team environment.
- Prior clubhouse experience is preferred, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,946 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private University (LA)