Visitor Services and Retail Coordinator
- Adhere to MLB Team Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the MLB Team Organization
- Perform duties as workload necessitates to achieve goals.
- Possess the ability to communicate with an audience of variable sizes and ages
- Meet department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and supervise box office operations in the sale of tickets, merchandise, and membership
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues or problems
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of all museum exhibits and disseminate museum information to guests
- Assist manager with scheduling of staff and volunteers
- Onboard and help facilitate training of new staff and volunteers
- Supervise museum ambassadors and volunteers with the help of manager
- Coordinate initiatives for the recruitment of volunteers
- Assist museum staff in the museum office with a variety of administrative tasks
- Organize and maintain the appearance of the Hall of Fame Shop and promote sales.
- Assist with the development of new products for museum sale
- Maintain a working knowledge of programming and reporting of POS system
- Assist with museum special events and museum maintenance projects as needed
- Coordinate and create with the marketing department ways to increase merchandise sales
- Work with merchandise coordinator in the organization and maintenance of inventory
- Other duties as assigned
- College Degree or relative experience preferred.
- Candidate must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal communications skills are a must.
- Must be a team-player who is self-motivated, creative, and can proactively solve problems.
- Must present a professional attitude and appearance and have a desire to succeed, and be open to learning and upgrading of skills and accepting supervision from Hall of Fame manager; possess strong interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must physically be able to lift 25 or more pounds.
- Knowledge of the history is not required, but applicant must have the desire to learn the history of the franchise as well as the ability to learn new material rapidly.
- Previous experience in retail and point of sale operations desirable.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
Month-to-Month Premium Subscription - $10 per month after trial period.
University ( ND )
Sports & Entertainment Company