- Write and publish content for the website.
- Daily management of the website and social media accounts.
- Create content plans, execute branded content, ideate and develop team content.
- Assist with local and national media outreach.
- Perform general website maintenance activities, including but not limited to: data entry, updating transactions, player bios, coach and staff bios, depth charts, rosters, community web pages, section home pages, and corporate partner pages.
- Social media content production, including brainstorming ideas, content capture and publishing posts.
- Creating and updating match notes and statistics throughout the season.
- Engage with local media and meet their needs to cover the team.
- Track best practices among other professional sports teams/leagues, content creators and influencers.
- Provide social coverage on community and corporate events as well as game days, as needed.
- Perform various other duties from time to time as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university.
- Prior experience producing written and digital content for a brand or sports organization is preferred.
- Experience in sports digital media environment preferred.
- Knowledge of XHTML, HTML, PHP, XML and CSS is a plus.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Knowledge/understanding of website management and social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Strong copy-writing and editing skills.
- Graphic design and/or video editing skills is a plus.
- Ability to be consistently prompt and dependable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to work long, flexible hours including gamedays, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- The employee should have a strong working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative suite. Work with Mailchimp is a plus.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,946 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Professional Soccer Team
Pro Ice Hockey Team