Assistant Director of Athletics
- Manage a comprehensive annual giving program, including leadership annual giving, peer solicitation, and direct marketing.
- Establish benchmarks and monitor progress to meet goals.
- Implement fund-raising strategies leveraging all available solicitation methods in conjunction with collaborative goal setting with the Director of Annual Fund Manage a portfolio of athletics prospects and make personal visits/solicitations
- Recruit and manage athletics volunteers
- Provide monthly and ad hoc comprehensive and programmatic reporting and analysis of the Athletics Annual Fund to the Vice President & Director of Athletics, Associate Director of Athletics for Development, and others as directed.
- Manage the Club budget Serve on the athletic game day committee for both football and basketball Serve as a member of the athletic department’s Operation and Management Group.
- Oversee the organization of events and communications for annual donors Manage the acknowledgement process for contributions to the Athletics Annual Fund Regularly attend all Club events related to stewardship and donor recognition
- Work closely with colleagues in the Advancement Collaborate with colleagues to meet the University’s overall Annual Giving goals and objectives
- Coordinate with colleagues to identify athletics donors for reunion gift committees and further enhance fund-raising efforts through the reunion program
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, along with the ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, in conjunction with comfort level of working in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects required
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team environment Experience working with and managing volunteers preferred Personal solicitation experience required
- Skill in use of personal computers, standard office software applications, and fundraising software, with an understanding of database management (Raiser's Edge preferred)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality Valid driver's license with a good 3-year driving history
- Understanding and passion for collegiate athletics Mature judgment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in annual giving, or a closely related field preferably in higher education, with a proven track record of success
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
University ( MI )
University - FL