Asst Athletic Trainer, College of Athletics
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment, referrals and rehabilitation of student-athletes.
- Adhere to Sports Medicine/Athletic department, university, MEAC and NCAA rules and regulation.
- Ensure that the Sports Medicine Program is compliance with all OSHA regulation.
- Assist with coordinating medical eligibility including health screenings and appropriate information.
- Assist the Director of Sports Medicine with any administrative duties.
- Maintain daily verbal communication with all assigned sport coaching staff.
- Daily Completion of injury tracking, rehabilitation, and medical software.
- Assist with maintaining daily verbal communication with the coaching staff under the discretion of the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Provide primary athletic training coverage for multiple sports teams at home and away matches
- Responsible for maintenance of medical inventory and cleanliness of the athletic training room.
- Assist with inventory and daily operations of athletic training room.
- Assisting with hiring, assigning, supervising, and evaluating student athletic training staff.
- Assist with administering and coordinating correspondence for all insurance claims related to injuries occurring during intercollegiate athletic participation.
- Assists with the coordination of distribution of information to student-athletes and coaches regarding policies related to substance abuse, care and treatment of injuries, legal waivers, health and accident insurance, and other pertinent topics.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Sports Medicine.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of athletic training.
- Knowledge of University and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Must possess organizational, technical and disciplinary skills to work with student athletes.
- Ability to represent the University in a professional manner at all times.
- Competence in both oral and written English to communicate in a clear and concise manner. Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with faculty, staff, students and customers.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
- National Athletic Trainer's Association Board Certified.
- 2-3 years' experience in college setting.
- Administrative skills, basic computer skills.
- BLS for Healthcare provider.
- Must be able to travel.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
University - VA