Manager for Human Resources, NCAA
- The Manager of Human Resources will support the efficiency of the HR department by managing day-to-day activities and transactions which include but not limited to: supporting managers with employee relation matters, processing new hire and off-boarding paperwork, benefit enrollments, and handling confidential employee data in applicable HRIS and ATS systems.
- The HR Manager will also facilitate new hire orientations, prepare employee communication memos, coordinate and plan employee events/meetings, assist with the administration of employee leaves and 401(k) programs, track employee trainings, manage full-cycle recruiting, and participate in recruitment events.
- Assist in the development of systems, processes, and procedures to improve upon the overall operation effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Department and business needs. Work within the HR department to implement, maintain, and sustain HR strategies.
- Support the administration of on-boarding and off-boarding employees, employee leaves, ADA accommodations, and 401 (k) programs.
- Serve as first point of contact for HR department; responds to inquiries from staff and managers regarding established Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices; including applicable CBA language. Maintain a presence with employees, through attendance at department meetings, events and games.
- Maintain and organize department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality. Ensuring compliance of all documents and administering record retention and purging of personnel files. Managing internal HR inbox. Maintains organizational charts and employee data. Additional administrative tasks as needed.
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment process to include: managing job postings across multiple platforms, partnering with CBO’s and community partners to develop viable candidate pipelines, sourcing candidates, scheduling and conducting initial screenings, plan and conduct new employee paperwork, on-boarding, and facilitating new hire orientation sessions.
- Develop and/or coordinate corporate and/or local sponsored workplace culture events, employee incentive programs, employee recognition initiatives, and workplace culture events.
- Assist with documenting complaints; maintaining and managing records/documents for investigations to ensure compliance with company policy and Federal/State employment laws
- Liaison between payroll and scheduling departments as it relates to HR matters.
- Representing HR department and participating in various meetings, including, but not limited to, Departmental/Operations/Union meetings as needed
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Experience working in a facility/arena preferred
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage and resolve complex and sensitive human resource issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, high energy, excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Strong knowledge of California, Federal and local employment laws including but not limited to ADA, FLSA, EEOC, Title VII, etc.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a timely and efficient manner and recommend win-win strategies
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly summarize data
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to learn applicable business systems.
- HR Systems knowledge (i.e., UltiPro, applicant tracking system)
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively with diverse workforce
- Able to work with a sense of urgency to perform administrative tasks efficiently.
- Labor relations experience working in an environment with multiple unions
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,105 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime