Football Coach Aide - NCAA
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The primary purpose of the Department of Athletics is to provide a program of athletics for students at the university. The Department of Athletics accepts the challenge of creating an environment whereby student-athletes are both progressing academically in a degree program leading towards graduation and competing athletically against the highest level of competition. Each student-athlete is viewed as an individual whose general health, fitness and emotional development are of significant value. The Department of Athletics takes pride in its compatibility with the mission! of the university and recognizes the opportunity to give the University recognition on the state, regional and national levels.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, implement, and administer all activities associated with the university's NCAA Division II football program in the Department of Athletics. The position will provide leadership, direction, management, and coordination of all activities in concert with the mission of the university.
The general details inherent to the principle functions of the position are as follows:
1. Assist in recruitment of talented student-athletes specifically various counties in and outside the state
2. Assist in the administration and supervision of the program with developing the team for sport competition
3. Assist with planning, conduct, and oversight of daily practice of student-athletes with specific emphasis on defense
4. Prepare weekly offensive scouting reports
5. Attendance at all team contests, home and away
6. Aids with housing of students
7. Attend and participate in departmental, conference, and college-wide meetings related to duties and responsibilities
8. Assist the Head Football Coach and Director of Athletics with fundraising and in additional responsibilities as needed
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree preferred. Must possess 3 -5 years collegiate coaching experience with demonstrated effective leadership, oral and written communication skills, and strong coaching and recruiting skills.
Knowledge skills and abilities:
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of NCAA, CIAA, and institutional rules and regulations
- Superior football knowledge and experience with social media marketing methodology.
- Strong interpersonal skills, computer skills, effective organizational and managerial skills are needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships both in and out of the office workplace; possess the ability to foster and maintain working relationships with* student-athletes, administrators, individuals representing other departments in the university system, the corporate industry, and the surrounding community.
- Handle a multitude of tasks and requests concurrently; Deal with the ever-changing needs of the unit; Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Move or lift up to 50 pounds; Do sedentary work with the ability to do some walking, standing, typing, talking, and hearing.
Player experience at collegiate level preferred.
Additional Information for Applicants
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,076 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (AR)
High School Coaching