Director - Intercollegiate & Intramural Athletics
This position provides leadership in the development, administration, and evaluation of a comprehensive intercollegiate athletic program. In collaboration with the District Office of Intercollegiate Athletics, the position will provide visionary direction to current and future student athletes, as well as develop a robust intramural sports program designed to promote campus wide spirit.
- Implements the District wide Athletic Department strategy focused on an "Academics-first Agenda".
- Monitors student academic progress and oversees campus based intervention strategies to increase student-athlete success (i.e. advising, tutoring, and mentoring).
- Serves as the liaison between student-athletes, athletic coaches, faculty and campus administration.
- Enforces and maintains an athletic program policy of educating and graduating student athletes. Works with school administrators, faculty and staff to ensure student athletes are academically eligible for a given sport.
- Assures the college's compliance with National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) rules and regulations. Closely monitors academic, conduct and physical requirements for each student athlete and submits all NJCAA eligibility compliance documents.
- Provides guidance and direction for the college's sports and intramural programs.
- Prepares and manages the budget for all athletic programs. Monitors expenditures for the programs to assure sound fiscal practices and prepares a budget for District office approval (i.e., team travel, equipment purchases, and facility upkeep).
- Attends all NJCAA Regional meetings and meets with conference and league officials on scheduling and other issues (i.e. post-season play). In collaboration with the AVC, represents the college in athletic matters and decisions in Region IV of the NJCAA.
- Master's degree in Physical Education, Sports Management or related field from an accredited college or university, supplemented by five years of coaching at the college or high school level;
- Previous experience as an Athletic Director or Assistant Athletic Director.
- Strong understanding of the role of intercollegiate athletics and the role athletics and extracurricular activities play in the health of community college learning environments.
- Good organization, administrative, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of NJCAA rules and policies.
- Must be computer proficient with knowledge of a variety of software programs.
- Previous budget management experience and sound fiscal and operations management skills.
- Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse environment with the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,877 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Soccer Franchise
Collegiate Sports (IA)