Associate Director Football
Provide Administrative Oversight
- Responsible for daily operations and supervision of Assistant Directors and Intern working with the sport of Football.
- Provide academic support for student athletes in assigned sport of Football and an Olympic sport.
- Assist all assigned student athletes with academic, personal, and career development.
- Monitor assigned student athletes academic performance.
- Monitor daily and evening study hall requirements for student athletes.
- Work with coaches, academic advisors, and other University constituents to facilitate success of assigned student athletes.
- Assist in determining GPA and hours required to sustain eligibility for continued enrollment and/or for competition.
Monitor Eligibility of Assigned Student Athletes
- Work on issues related to eligibility of all student athletes and on the transfer process for transfer student athletes.
- Work with SAASS staff to resolve eligibility issues/concerns/needs.
- Collaborate with Athletic Compliance and University Registrar on matters that pertain to student athlete eligibility.
- Communicate eligibility issues/concerns/needs with appropriate parties.
Participate in Recruiting Student Athletes
- Assist in all facets of the recruiting process for football student athletes.
- Arrange meetings with Academic Deans, Department Heads, Faculty Advisors for recruits in the assigned sports.
- Assist with presentations regarding SAASS to recruits and families during recruiting visits.
- Establish contact with each incoming freshman student athlete before or on their scheduled orientation day. Facilitate a summer athletics orientation for football student athletes.
Conduct Assessment and Evaluation
- Develop assessment methodologies for all areas of responsibility; conduct evaluations; recommend and implement improvements as appropriate.
- Oversee distribution of all reports to the proper offices and/or agencies. 3. Oversee distribution of game and travel schedules for assigned sports to appropriate persons.
- Assist in data collection and preparation of Institutional, NCAA, ACC and other requested reports.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for appropriate areas of assignment.
- Earned Master's degree
- Experience in counseling and advising students.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with individuals from various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with many constituencies, and able to work in a time sensitive and occasionally pressured environments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective oversight of professional staff.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and handle confidential information with discretion and according to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports & Entertainment
Community College (NC)