Coordinator of Sport Clubs and Inclusive Recreation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire and manage a diverse student staff including recreation assistants, recreation mangers, and other inclusive recreation staff. Establish learning outcomes based upon student development principles and staff needs.
- Design appropriate interventions and conduct assessments for all trainings.
- When assigned by the Assistant Director, provide leadership and mentoring for a graduate assistant establishing schedules, expectations, and conducting regular meetings and evaluations.
- Establish learning outcomes based upon identified student needs, design appropriate interventions, and conduct assessments for all programs.
- As assigned by the Assistant Director, execute selected components of an innovative and comprehensive Sport Club program.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director, manage fiscal resources of Inclusive Recreation to make recommendations for purchasing of equipment and supplies in addition to managing student employee wage budget.
- Also works to administer the risk management plan of Inclusive Recreation programs.
- Be a collaborative player on the Programming Unit to develop innovative programming and services that reach beyond each individual program area to fill the gaps to achieve the goal of 100% participation in University Recreation facilities, programs, and services. Be a part of the weekday evening supervision team to provide student mentoring at all UREC facilities on a rotating basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Physical Education, Recreation, Sports Management or related field required, Master's Degree preferred
- One year of professional experience or two years of Graduate Assistant experience in working in recreation program required, in a campus recreation setting preferred
- Experience in part time staff hiring, training and supervision required, in a campus recreation setting preferred
- Experience creating collaborative programs preferred
- Knowledge of inclusive recreation programming preferred
- Knowledge of collegiate sport club programming preferred
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,076 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime