Remote Support Engineer
The Remote Production Support Engineer is responsible for supporting remote broadcast productions both on-site and in the Chicago facility. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for assisting in engineering support for our camera aggregation (HRP) productions and for maintenance of Chicago based and HRP truck-based equipment. Duties include connecting, quality control, troubleshooting and repairing all video, audio, data and communications feeds during our camera aggregation productions.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and repair equipment on production trucks
- Fill-in, support, and train remote truck driver/engineers
- Travel to and support projects at any of the Schools or production site locations
- Execute and complete projects as assigned with minimal supervision
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A minimum of 2-year technical degree plus a minimum of 3 years broadcast equipment repair experience in a television production environment
- Applicants must demonstrate a solid working knowledge of electronic and electrical systems Strong communications skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision are essential
- Candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours and shifts including weekend and holidays
- Candidates will be expected to support the remote driver/engineers and assist in training new ones
- Must be able to troubleshoot audio consoles, production switchers, production support equipment, cameras, graphics systems, replay systems and intercom systems
- Be proficient in the use of broadcast related test equipment including, but not limited to, waveform monitors, vector scopes, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, test signal generators, etc.
- Must have competence in MS Office software applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio etc.)
- CAD experience a plus
- Ability to get a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) if needed
- This position will travel at least 70% of the time
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Sports Media Group
Sports Media Group