- Manages the daily operations including safety, security, scheduling, setups, cleanliness, equipment operation and waste management.
- Provides event and game management support and troubleshooting during scheduled events including sports equipment, scoreboards/videoboards, lighting, plumbing, electrical, concessions equipment, competition surfaces, janitorial, HVAC, A/V equipment, broadcast television networks, etc.
- Acts as Manager-on-Duty for events, including men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s gymnastics, volleyball, wrestling, commencement ceremonies and other special events or rentals.
- Directly supervises assigned team members, including fulltime Athletic Facility Workers and temporary employees.
- Organizes and leads regular meetings to communicate plans, expectations and departmental updates.
- Provides regular feedback to the Associate AD for Facility Operations regarding performance of all assigned team members.
- Manages scheduling and payroll approval of AFSCME and temporary employees, monitors productivity and assures adequate and efficient staffing levels at all times. Ensures conformation to all AFSCME Union contractual obligations, including monitoring of temporary employee status.
- Plans and directs facility setups and HVAC schedules for daily use and scheduled events, including football, basketball, gymnastics and special events/rentals.
- Manages all facility related expenditures, closely monitors budgets and identifies cost saving measures or opportunities for improvement.
- Oversees cleaning and janitorial services of all assigned facilities, including performance, schedule, payment, supply and equipment inventory, and event cleanups.
- Coordinates with U-M F&O, UM-AEC, Athletic Maintenance, outside contractors and vendors to complete routine preventative maintenance, corrective repair work and various improvement projects.
- Regularly interacts with Athletics’ concessionaire to ensure compliance with University policies and regulations, including but not limited to security, equipment maintenance, waste management and energy efficiency.
- Keeps accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, maintenance procedures, etc.
- Performs administrative activities, including the preparation of special and periodic reports, fiscal records and service charges.
- Assures safety is a priority at all times and compliance with EHS safety programs.
- Assures compliance with University purchasing protocols.
- Assures compliance with ADA codes, NCAA and Big Ten Rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years working in Facility Management
- Experience maintaining state-of-the art facilities and grounds, and keeping them in pristine condition
- Knowledge of NCAA and Big Ten Compliance rules
- Knowledge of EHS Safety Programs
- Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience managing Union employees
- Experience with hardwood court maintenance
- Experience managing budgets over $1M
- Experience with venue management (capacity in excess of 5,000)
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
American Pro Basketball Team