Broadcast Operations Technician
- Lead setup and strike of audio/video equipment for various events.
- Work as a member of in-house broadcast team as needed.
- Complete work orders assigned to event production.
- Maintain ongoing schedule for graphics and video on the IPTV system and outdoor LED displays.
- Assist the Broadcast Engineer as needed on project-based work involving the upkeep of equipment, production areas and storage areas.
- Assign tasks to part-time staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A BA/BS degree in a field related to the position.
- Minimum of six years of experience in a broadcast, video production or audio engineering environment, or a combination of those areas.
- Experience in live events, TV production, or in-house production, preferably in an arena or stadium.
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to successfully plan, coordinate, and execute tactically and strategically.
- Ability to work with a variety of different backgrounds and grow knowledge base with technology and staff.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Video and audio baseband routing
- Audio and video patching methodologies
- Basic IP networking concepts
- Dante audio networks
- Cisco Stadium Vision IPTV
- Broadcast or professional video camera systems
- Conversion products for video transport over fiber
- Software encoding systems and parameters for video and audio, plus conversions between various file types
- Control room gear including router panels and intercom (RTS and/or ClearCom)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Operation of control room equipment:
- Digital audio mixers, including Yamaha, Allen & Heath or comparable products
- Production video switchers, ideally the Ross Video Acuity system
- Video replay systems, including EVS
- Computer graphics systems, ideally the Ross Video Xpression
- Daktronics Display Studio and Content Studio
- Ability to learn signal flow within a multi-layered broadcast environment.
- Skills related to installing and terminating various types of video, audio and data cable.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications including Photoshop, Premiere and AfterEffects.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member.
- Awareness of safety rules and regulations.
- Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,367 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports & Entertainment Company