Assistant Manager, Direct Response Marketing
We are currently seeking an Assistant Manager, Direct Response Marketing who will be responsible for the implementation of direct response campaigns for membership and fundraising including new supporter acquisition (membership and donor), lapsed donor reactivation, membership renewals, and appeals.
- As a member of the Development department, he/she will serve as the day-to-day contact with our direct mail printers, list brokerage and data modeling firms.
- He/She will be responsible for creating list segmentation and carrying out the overall contact strategy of the direct response program.
- Recommends strategies for improving membership and fundraising processes and procedures to supervisor to improve ROI.
- Learn and utilize CRM system for searching, querying and segmentation.<
What you can expect:
- Manage and execute the marketing plan for the department’s direct response campaigns and efforts. Campaigns will include but are not limited to membership (acquisition and retention), annual fund appeals and gifts.
- Contribute to and communicate audience selection and segmentation (matrixed environment).
- Active contributor to creative and list strategy, testing ideas and roll out.
- Ensure that messaging is appropriate for the intended audience and is consistent with the overall marketing plan.
Project Management/Scheduling and execution:
- Develop and manage project/production schedules.
- Manage the execution of mailing programs, following all production-related aspects of the job from initial concept through completion.
- Coordinate, prepare and track progress and deliverables for promptness and accuracy.
- Communicate with facilities and outside suppliers about any job spec changes or other issues that may create production challenges, particularly relating to timelines and changes that may negatively impact the budget established for the job.
- Organize, circulate and traffic campaign assets and components for internal review and approval to ready for production.
- Prepare all lettershop and mailing and upload instructions to produce the package components.
- Manage the daily operations of the creative, print, list/modeling, merge purge and lettershop vendor(s) Provide instructions on processes and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the direct mail program to ensure efficient operation and effective execution.
- Monitor, track and report on campaign/appeal performance.</p>
- Circulate results to departmental leadership in an accurate and timely manner throughout the campaigns life.
- Collaborate with database operations team to ensure that direct response related activities and transactions are properly set up, captured and coded in the CRM system.
- A BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A Minimum of 3 years of overall business experience
- Knowledge of the direct response industry and best practices executing direct response campaigns with a focus on direct mail
- Understanding of multi-channel direct response marketing production processes such as CRM/eCRM Platforms, email deployment, direct mail planning and production, digital marketing
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to focus under pressure
- The ability to organize and motivate outside vendors
- Must have knowledge of and proven ability to manage multiple direct response efforts at the same time
- Self-starter with drive towards excellence
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, prioritization, and decision-making skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Minor League Baseball Team
Private Preschool/Elementary School
Men's Pro Lacrosse