Supervisor, Youth Camps
- Plans, organizes and implements recreational programs.
- Schedules use of recreational facilities and advises and assists individuals and groups with problems related to scheduled recreational activities.
- Supervises inventory, storage, budget and maintenance of sports and recreational equipment. Implements program policies and procedures.
- Reports safety issues to appropriate personnel and recommends improvements.
- Selects, trains, and supervises staff.
- Supervises employee performance, career development, and adherence to job standards.
- Develops annual staff evaluations, and takes disciplinary actions as needed.
- In line with current University policy, develops staff screening procedures, as well as staff interviewing and selection process.
- Helps develop and maintains innovative youth staff education courses, schedules, and procures materials in coordination with Youth Programs Director.
- Ensures that all Camp Leads are aware of minimum training and certification requirements.
- Ensures compliance with assigned budget and makes budget recommendations to manager for assigned activities/programs.
- Assists with the development and management of the annual budget.
- Projects and analyzes program revenue and expenses with guidance from supervisor and Student Affairs finance unit.
- Reviews and approves all purchasing.
- Reviews all payroll reports for accuracy.
- Develops strategies to increase revenue via participation fees, donations, grants, other development tools to meet program goal.
- Works with programs to determine supply and equipment needs.
Policy and Compliance
- Implements program policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all staff receives adequate training around youth interaction best practices and all staff are properly trained on CANRA procedures as mandated by state, local governments, the University, Student Affairs Division, and Recreational Sports Department.
- Ensures ADA compliance.
- Maintains files, records and prepares reports as necessary or requested.
- Assists with appropriate public relations and promotional programs.
- Collaborates with Student Affairs Marketing and Communications partners to promote programs and facilities through direct interaction with patrons and specific user groups, web and social media, and various print advertising and collateral.
- Provides risk management oversight to recreational program operations and implements procedures to ensure the safety of participants and employees.
- Ensures safety guidelines are adhered to and reports safety issues to appropriate personnel and recommends improvements.
- Has knowledge of program activity and industry best practices.
- Strong service orientation, program management, sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking, develop original ideas, creative problem solving skills in a varied and challenging environment.
- Must be able to work effectively, across all organization levels, internally and externally.
- Client service minded, entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking.
- Must have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Supervisory experience including hiring, terminations, and other staffing related issues.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, campus policies and procedures.
- Has knowledge of training and development standards for staff working with minors.
Education and Training
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Licenses and Certifications
- Current Child/Infant/Adult CPR/First Aid certification.
- Current Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- CANRA mandated reporter online training.
- Lifeguard Training certification is preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,912 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Pro Soccer Team