Assistant Coach, Strength and Conditioning
Collegiate Sports Health and Wellness
Job Posting Description:
- Reporting to the Strength, Conditioning and Training Coach, Deputy Director of Athletics and the Director of Athletics, the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach assists with organization, administration, and development of effective conditioning programs for each sport.
- The Assistant Coach will work with student-athletes individually to provide regular assessments and monitoring of conditioning activity, and assist in the operation, supervision, maintenance and overall safety of the athletics department conditioning facilities.
- The selected candidate will assist in communicating with coaches, student-athletes and trainers as to sport needs, goals, student-athlete compliance/attendance and medical limitations, and is responsible for advising the Strength, Conditioning and Training Coach and the Deputy Director of Athletics on equipment needs, safety concerns, and overall operations.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
- Current CPR for Professional Rescuer or Basic Life Support certification.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills, communication skills, and computer skills.
- Previous experience designing and implementing strength and conditioning programs for Division I student-athletes in the sports of men's and women's basketball.
- Master's degree.
- Certification by the National Athletic Trainer Association Board of Certification or additional skill sets will be given favorable consideration.
- Reflexive Performance Reset and Primal Reflex Release Techniques certifications preferred.
- Sports nutritionist certification preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,110 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (IL)